Thanks to the work of SGA President Chris Clemente and Facilities, Safety, & Transportation Coordinator Robert Sells, your Student Government Association is proud to announce its partnership with Uber to provide students with safe and reliable transportation at a huge discount. Uber rides that begin and end within the provided zone and specified times (see below) will be 50% off for eligible UCF students who use the promotion code provided by UCF’s Student Government.
That’s great! How does it work?
- UCF students can request an Uber ride via the UCF Safe Rides option in their Uber app on Friday and Saturday nights, between 8:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m. During these hours, rides that begin and end within the boundaries displayed below will be 50% off for rides up to $10. Riders who take a trip that’s more than $10 will receive a $5 discount.
- ELIGIBILITY: Only students who paid the Activity & Service Fee – included automatically for most students through tuition – for the current semester are eligible for this program. Eligible students will be provided with a unique promo code through their Knights email. Add the code to the Uber app to unlock the Safe Rides option and discounted rides.
- OBTAINING PROMO CODE: Your unique promo code was sent to you via an email during the week of March 27.
- NEW UBER USERS: Sign up here and download the Uber app on your phone.
- EXISTING USERS: If you already have an Uber account, you can use your existing account to access discounted rides.
- ADDING PROMO CODE: Enter your unique UCF-provided promo code in the app to unlock the Safe Rides option. Open the Uber app, tap the Menu bar in the upper-left corner, then tap the Payment option. At the bottom under Promotion, tap Add Promo/Gift Code and enter your promo code.
- REQUESTING A RIDE: UCF students can request a ride by opening the Uber app, entering their destination and selecting the UCF Safe Rides option at the bottom of the screen before tapping Request.
- The UCF Safe Rides option will only be available Friday and Saturday, between 8:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m.
- SEPS and Knight Lynx will continue to run during their normal hours of operation.
- All codes are unique for each student and may only be used on one account.
- All codes expire at the end of the semester.
- Rides that either begin or end outside of the boundaries will not be discounted, even if you used the Safe Rides option.
- You must request your ride from the UCF Safe Rides option in order for the UCF discount to be applied. Rides requested using the uberX, UberSELECT, & uberXL options will not be discounted.
- Split fares will reflect the discount for all riders who have unlocked the UCF Safe Rides option for trips that occur during the provided times.
UCF RIDE ZONE