Your Student Body Senate is in charge of allocating the Activity & Service Fee funds to Registered Student Organizations (RSOs), as well as individual students. These funds help cover the cost of conference registration and travel (through the CRT committee) and events and promotional materials (through the FAO committee). In order to request funding, you (if requesting an individual allocation), or two of the RSO’s authorized officers (if requesting funding on behalf of an RSO), must complete the Financial Training Workshop offered by the Activity & Service Fee Business Office, which outlines the funding request and allocation process. This training must be completed each fiscal year. If you still have questions about the process after the Financial Training Workshop, please contact the Pro Tempore’s office.
How to Receive Funding: A Step by Step Guide
- Complete Financial Training.
- Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) must also complete an Office of Student Involvement (OSI) Update Form each Fall, Spring, and after officer elections prior to seeking SGA funding.
- Fill out a Funding Request Form (see below for direct links). If submitting on behalf of an RSO, the individual who completed the form online is expected to either attend the committee meeting or send a knowledgeable authorized officer who understands all the cost breakdown details to the committee meeting.
- Attend CRT or FAO Committee meeting(s) following your submission date.
- Note that funding requests must be submitted well in advance of the conference/event. All allocation requests must be submitted at least 4 to 6 weeks before the funding is needed. All bill requests must be submitted 8 to 10 weeks before funding is needed.
- If you are unable to attend, and can’t find another authorized officer to attend on your behalf, please let the CRT (firstname.lastname@example.org) or FAO Chair (email@example.com) know and they might be able to represent you, assuming you provide them with all the information they need to adequately represent your submission.
- As a reminder, SGA does not reimburse for things you have already paid for.
- If approved, remember your allocation number (i.e. CRT 50-XXX and or FAO 50-XXX) and meet with an accountant in the Activity & Service Fee Budget Office (SU 215) once they’ve contacted you to set up a meeting.
- Note that accountants need all paperwork completed (w-9, group travel rosters, purchase orders, etc.) with a minimum of 10 business days prior to event/travel dates (it’s is advised that you please complete these forms before the 10 business day time frame, if possible).
For any further inquiries regarding SGA funding forms, students may email the Senate Pro Tempore at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the Deputy of Senate Operations at email@example.com. Please see below for direct links to the Knight Connect SGA Forms page(s):
- CRT Individual Allocation Request Form (For individuals requesting funding for a conference, registration, and/or travel)
- CRT RSO Allocation Request Form (For RSOs requesting $3000 or less for a conference, registration, and/or travel)
- FAO Allocation Request Form (For RSOs requesting $1000 or less for an event and/or promotional material)
- ORC Post Funding Form
- ORC Verification of RSO Purchases Form
- CRT Bill Form (For RSOs requesting more than $3000 for a conference, registration, and/or travel)
- FAO Bill Form (For RSOs requesting more than $1000 for an event)
For FAO, suggested vendors include, but are not limited to the following (research other vendors for alternative pricing options): Staples (The Spot), 4Imprint, Crestline, ePromos, Wizard Creations, Im-press Ink, First Choice Promos, Discount Mugs etc.
Logos for Promo Materials
SGA Logos to use for Promotional Material: