How to Receive Funding: A Step by Step Guide
- Complete Financial Training.
- Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) must also complete an Office of Student Involvement (OSI) Update Form each Fall, Spring, and after officer elections prior to seeking SGA funding.
- Fill out a Funding Request Form (see below for direct links). If submitting on behalf of an RSO, the individual who completed the form online is expected to either attend the committee meeting or send a knowledgeable authorized officer who understands all the cost breakdown details to the committee meeting.
- Attend CRT or FAO Committee meeting(s) following your submission date.
- Note that funding requests must be submitted well in advance of the conference/event. All allocation requests must be submitted at least 4 to 6 weeks before the funding is needed. All bill requests must be submitted 8 to 10 weeks before funding is needed.
- If you are unable to attend, and can’t find another authorized officer to attend on your behalf, please let the CRT (firstname.lastname@example.org) or FAO Chair (email@example.com) know and they might be able to represent you, assuming you provide them with all the information they need to adequately represent your submission.
- As a reminder, SGA does not reimburse for things you have already paid for.
- If approved, remember your allocation number (i.e. CRT 50-XXX and or FAO 50-XXX) and meet with an accountant in the Activity & Service Fee Budget Office (SU 215) once they’ve contacted you to set up a meeting.
- Note that accountants need all paperwork completed (w-9, group travel rosters, purchase orders, etc.) with a minimum of 10 business days prior to event/travel dates (it’s is advised that you please complete these forms before the 10 business day time frame, if possible).
Please see below for direct links to the Knight Connect SGA Forms page(s):
- CRT Individual or RSO Allocation Request Form (For individuals requesting funding for a conference, registration, and/or travel)
- FAO Allocation Request Form (For RSOs requesting $$$ for an event and/or promotional material)
- CRT Bill Form (For RSOs requesting more than $3000 for a conference, registration, and/or travel)
- FAO Bill Form (For RSOs requesting more than $1000 for an event)
For FAO, suggested vendors include, but are not limited to the following (research other vendors for alternative pricing options): Staples (The Spot), 4Imprint, Crestline, ePromos, Wizard Creations, Im-press Ink, First Choice Promos, Discount Mugs etc.
Logos for Promo Materials
SGA Logos to use for Promotional Material: