The Senate Leadership Council (SLC) gives UCF students the opportunity to learn the procedures and tasks performed by each of our SGA Student Senators. Our goal is to empower students with the knowledge necessary to make a successful transition from a student to Student Senator. SLC members will be paired with a Student Senator, who will act as a mentor and will assist in explaining the practices of the Student Government Association Senate.
In SLC, you will
- Learn how to write Bills and Resolutions
- Sit in on Senate Meetings, Committee Meetings, and SGA/UCF events
- Lead Mock Senate and Committee Sessions
- Learn Parliamentary Procedure and Robert’s Rules of Order
- Interact with Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) from all across campus
- Assist in creating resolutions pertaining to student, state, and national issues
Additionally, you will learn how Student Senators interact with the Executive and Judicial branches of Student Government, giving you a complete and well-rounded understanding of the Student Government Association. After completing the program, you will be prepared and ready to take a seat as a Student Senator.
Applications to join the Student Government Leadership Council are now closed.
For more information, please contact Senate’s Internal Legislative Assistant, Emily Nole, at firstname.lastname@example.org.